Games Without Frontiers
The games are on.
I must confess that I am in full-out olympic fever mode right now. Every second of my day is spent following the games, and checking to see if our athletes have won any new medals. Here is the best website in the world for the next 10 days:
I was pleased to see Jennifer Heil get the gold last Saturday to get the ball rolling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jeff Buttle and Emmanuel Sandhu tonight -- I don't think anyone is going to beat the Russian skater, but silver and bronze could be ours if the two guys put together solid programs. Fingers crossed.
I have a dilemma tonight: Czech television is airing the figure skating finals tonight...do I watch those and cheer for our guys, or do I try to find a bar that can play the Canada vs. Germany hockey game from a German satellite channel? It is only a round robin game afterall, but it's hockey dammit. I'm torn...I'll wander around tonight and see what I can see...
Nice to see the guys pull their jetlag together for the game against the hosts Italy. I trust that 7-2 is a respectable enough score to keep Don Cherry from chewing out the Men's team as well.
So, I was finally given the laptop from my headmaster, but there's still a problem. I have only the basic software: Windows (in Czech language), wordpad, adobe reader, and that's about it (oh, wait, I have pinball and solitaire too). A lot of help it's going to be without Microsoft Word, or at least some respectable word processor. I can't even watch DVDs on the thing yet. I've been told that I'll get all of the software (in English) but not until after my holidays next week. At the rate I'm used to this school moving at, I'll probably get all the software in line sometime about two weeks before the end of the school year. Bitter? No. Realistic? Probably.
Hradec Kralove has been hit with the snowstorm that I heard Canada got last week. More snow and more snow = sad Jeff.
That's all for now...go Canada go.
Oh yeah, I'm on holidays all next week, so if there's no new blog post, it's not because I'm dead, it's because I have no internet access. Yes Mom, we do get more holidays here...I think every country in the world gets more holidays than Canada.
Till next post...
I must confess that I am in full-out olympic fever mode right now. Every second of my day is spent following the games, and checking to see if our athletes have won any new medals. Here is the best website in the world for the next 10 days:
I was pleased to see Jennifer Heil get the gold last Saturday to get the ball rolling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jeff Buttle and Emmanuel Sandhu tonight -- I don't think anyone is going to beat the Russian skater, but silver and bronze could be ours if the two guys put together solid programs. Fingers crossed.
I have a dilemma tonight: Czech television is airing the figure skating finals tonight...do I watch those and cheer for our guys, or do I try to find a bar that can play the Canada vs. Germany hockey game from a German satellite channel? It is only a round robin game afterall, but it's hockey dammit. I'm torn...I'll wander around tonight and see what I can see...
Nice to see the guys pull their jetlag together for the game against the hosts Italy. I trust that 7-2 is a respectable enough score to keep Don Cherry from chewing out the Men's team as well.
So, I was finally given the laptop from my headmaster, but there's still a problem. I have only the basic software: Windows (in Czech language), wordpad, adobe reader, and that's about it (oh, wait, I have pinball and solitaire too). A lot of help it's going to be without Microsoft Word, or at least some respectable word processor. I can't even watch DVDs on the thing yet. I've been told that I'll get all of the software (in English) but not until after my holidays next week. At the rate I'm used to this school moving at, I'll probably get all the software in line sometime about two weeks before the end of the school year. Bitter? No. Realistic? Probably.
Hradec Kralove has been hit with the snowstorm that I heard Canada got last week. More snow and more snow = sad Jeff.
That's all for now...go Canada go.
Oh yeah, I'm on holidays all next week, so if there's no new blog post, it's not because I'm dead, it's because I have no internet access. Yes Mom, we do get more holidays here...I think every country in the world gets more holidays than Canada.
Till next post...

6 Comments:
Yo' We're up to 8 medals now. Buttle really pulled that bronze out of the fire, didn't he?Yea, we've got lots of snow now and to top it off a little bit of freezing rain tonight. we had a doozie of a thunder and lightning storm just around 6p.m. tonight. Not much rain, just lights and noise. Strange!!
Hope you have a good holiday this next week and get lots of olympic viewing ing.
Love, Gram
How nice to have the whole week off during the Olympics! I wasn't even thinking of that when you said you had a week off. We've been watching the Olympics during the evenings as well to see what we have missed through the day. Buttle really did put on an excellent skate yesterday to win the bronze, but Sandhu did his usual non impressive performance. Paul Martini made the comment that the elevator went all the way to the bottom floor! Then when a commentator asked him what went wrong he said it all started in 1998 when the Olympic committee kept him off the team!! What a loser...........I hope somebody slams him for his inability to take responsibility for his own downfall. Oh well........
I have been speaking to Katja (our German exchange student when you were in University) and she would like it if we could visit her while we are over there so we have one more thing to add to our trip.Looks like we are not going to Paradise Island until the fall now as the time we wanted to go is blocked out. Something to look forward to in the fall.
It was ncie to hear that you finally got your laptop and you're right, it will probably be the end of the school year before you get the software but keep pushing!! Gram is right, we had a brutal night last night, thunder and ligtening and in fact we lost ourpower for several hours. I don't know what time it cam back in as I was sound asleep when it did. Larry had Joe call at 5:30 this morning to wake him up in case it didn't come back on. It was a long drive for him to work this morning but he arrived safe and sound. Anyway, must run......have a great week off and we'll talk soon!
gulley, did you know that Jeff Buttle went to innisdale? (i figure you do, but thought i'd mention it in case you didn't).
Well Jeff I wonder how disturbed you were at today's loss against the Russians...it was a sad sad day. So Since the Canadian's beat the Czechs does that mean that you get to wear the Canada shirt... or because Canada is out and Czechs are still in what does that entail for you? Haha
Just lettin ya know we got BLOWN out of our own house in monday's volleyball game against North which was more than a disappointment considering they were 7th we were 3rd yadda yadda but life goes on (In part, i feel wholly Canadian after that loss and seeing the hockey today). Mom sure chats ur bum off on here eh!
Anyways i just thought i'd "czech" on that jersey question with ya and let ya know how that game went :(
I will talk to ya soon
Love Karo!
Joffrey,I finally found your blog site. I have been waiting patiently for somebody to send it to me, then I finally decided to google your name and...BAM...there your were. What has happened to your mind since you left for Czech Republic... I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that there was a dilemma between watching figure skating and hockey. I a bar no less. They do serve beer in the bars over there don't they?
Glad to hear your doing well, it was nice to hear your voice on Christmas day. I'll check in with you soon. Oh btw, I'm leaving for a 10 day golf vaction in Myrtle Beach next Saturday.
Love Ya, Miss Ya. Uncle J.
ELLO Gulley!!! Im youre aunt, PHILLL COLLLLINS!!!
Faster Phill...
the bands website is www.wearepi.com, and im sendin a cd over with about 9 songs on it some recorded with effort, others are just us live doin covers and crap, so enjoy.
Post a Comment
<< Home