Submarine
Sunk like a submarine. This is what I feel like. Since my return from Christmas, life has been busy. I´m swamped in work, because my school doesn´t always feel like telling me that I have to have all of my students write big tests (which I have to create) and have the marks submitted until about one week before it´s due. Oh yeah, and they sometimes don´t feel like telling me that there will be parent/teacher meetings on Tuesday night until about THREE HOURS before they are supposed to begin, despite the fact that I already have a private lesson planned and it´s too late to cancel it. Nice treatment sometimes here eh?
So my lack of communication is entirely due to this. I have been creating these big language tests, and tests for my other classes too (seven in all) for next week. I can´t wait for my next holiday, the third week in February.
Updates:
--Alex, the Scot, was let go by the school. They weren´t happy with him and he hated it here. The new teacher is another Canadian. Her name is Pat, and she´s a very nice lady. In fact, she used to live in Barrie for a year. What´s more? When she took her TESL course in Toronto last October, she took it through the same company I did last May, and guess what? Yes, she had the exact same teacher that I did: Olga. Small world.
--My Czech teacher, Katka, had to cancel our lessons permanently because she got a new part time job. I need a new teacher!!
--On the other hand, I´ve begun taking French lessons in Pardubice one weekend every month. The price is good, and there are lots of lessons. I´m gonna be trilingual dammit.
--Zuzana was supposed to go to London in March on a school trip with her class, but now they tell her she won´t be allowed to go because she dared to get sick over the holidays and was off for the first week back. Nice eh?
--I get my laptop next week!!
--and finally, on a sad note (fitting for this Friday the 13th), I got news of my Aunt Marion´s passing this morning when I came into work. She´d had heart trouble over the past few years, so it wasn´t shocking, but sad nonetheless, and even sadder that I can´t be at the funeral. I will definitely toast to her tonight too Dad.
So that´s one shitty week wrapped up. Let´s throw it away and move onto the next shall we?
So my lack of communication is entirely due to this. I have been creating these big language tests, and tests for my other classes too (seven in all) for next week. I can´t wait for my next holiday, the third week in February.
Updates:
--Alex, the Scot, was let go by the school. They weren´t happy with him and he hated it here. The new teacher is another Canadian. Her name is Pat, and she´s a very nice lady. In fact, she used to live in Barrie for a year. What´s more? When she took her TESL course in Toronto last October, she took it through the same company I did last May, and guess what? Yes, she had the exact same teacher that I did: Olga. Small world.
--My Czech teacher, Katka, had to cancel our lessons permanently because she got a new part time job. I need a new teacher!!
--On the other hand, I´ve begun taking French lessons in Pardubice one weekend every month. The price is good, and there are lots of lessons. I´m gonna be trilingual dammit.
--Zuzana was supposed to go to London in March on a school trip with her class, but now they tell her she won´t be allowed to go because she dared to get sick over the holidays and was off for the first week back. Nice eh?
--I get my laptop next week!!
--and finally, on a sad note (fitting for this Friday the 13th), I got news of my Aunt Marion´s passing this morning when I came into work. She´d had heart trouble over the past few years, so it wasn´t shocking, but sad nonetheless, and even sadder that I can´t be at the funeral. I will definitely toast to her tonight too Dad.
So that´s one shitty week wrapped up. Let´s throw it away and move onto the next shall we?

5 Comments:
happy New Year; What a way to start off a new year. The only good thing it has to get better.
Glad to see you back. I've been faithfully checking in every morning to make sure I hadn't missed you. We had a great Christmas, a lot of travelling about and was tired when we got home. New Years was quiet. Grandpa was in bed at his usual 9:30, so I sat and watched the New Year in on the Barrie channel,(real exciting) However its just another year and I get another year older. Hope things pick up for you and look forward to your further comunications.
Love, Gram
The good thng is that the week is now over!! It will be nice once you have the laptop and you can send more frequent communications. We are starting to plot out our vacation now that we have the tickets booked. Will advise once we have more concrete plans. Do you remember what airline you flew from Edinburgh?? Everyone at home fine...boat show starts today so Larry will be gone for most of the next 10 days. I'll try and call on Sunday. Talk soon..............
Love Mom.
buddy, say hello to the newest Co-Op student / employee of Interior FX car repair. I get a hat and everything. i start in February. anyway glad you had enjoyable break.(i didnt read your whole entry so if you didnt have a enjoyable break i apologize and will fast for 38 days, and pour lemon juice on a self given paper cut.)
taker easy bro,
Musical Box (a.k.a Jordo)
On the bright side, now Zuza will be able to spend that time with you!
Sent the payment for my tickets in this week! Only 46 more days until I leave! Can't wait to see you, and I hope your new year has gotten better!
Love, Jess
Hey Jeff!
I have surprising news - Dan got drafted to Jr A Lacrosse! 21st overall and a first round pick for the Ottawa Titans!! I'm in shock!
It sounds like you have had a crazy January! Once you get passed the mid terms surely it will settle down for you!
I've caught my 3rd cold in 3 months so I'm heading to bed! We are thinking of you!
Take care,
Aunt Gwen & Uncle Joel
Post a Comment
<< Home