Monday, November 28, 2005

Snowbound

I'm baaaaack.

As I mentioned in my last post, I was away all last week, teaching the 3rd year students in the Bohemian Mountains. The day after I posted my last entry, the Czech Republic was blasted with a snowstorm. Hradec is now covered in slush.

So teaching in the mountains went quite well...better than expected. I had been having trouble with some of the students from this year, but I think I won a few more of them over through the course of the week. It was a full week of only English learning for them, but it was much more laid back than regular school, and in the environment of the mountains. The first day, I played a bunch of Beatles songs on the guitar with the three different classes, to which they sang the lyrics. Each class chose their favourite song, and the next night we had a mini-competition between the three classes. It was good, I think they enjoyed it.

Also, this weekend, after the mountains, I was teaching in an intensive business English course for adults in Zdar. 25 hours of lessons on Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday morning. I was tired yesterday when I got back to say the least. And now I'm back at my school, awaiting my first lesson.

So that's the latest for now. Here are some photos from the mountains.






6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a blast of snow late last week as well but they are calling for double digit temps again this week so probably will be all gone by Wednesday. We are fine, Kari got moved to the lounge at the Molson Centre so she's happy, Jen just finished report cards so she's ecstatic, Dad is about to take holidays to paper and paint so he's grumpy and I just finished curling in Penetang on the weekend in the "Senior" Ladies zone playdowns and came out as winners on the "B"side. We now advance to the regional playdowns in Georgetown this weekend so that's all very exciting. Christmas is fast approaching with lots to do. Have you thought about what you would like for Christmas?? Is there anything you need that could be mailed to you easily?? I guess if a package is too big for your mailbox, you would have to pick up at a postal station. Anyway, glad you had a good time in the mountains and the students were a little better......maybe the change in environment as well as making it a fun experience was the difference.Must run.........we'll talk soon.

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger gulldogg said...

Ah, Mom, is this your first official "senior" event? I never thought of it before, but when do you get to start taking advantage of the senior discount at Shopper´s Drug Mart? ;) I will call you soon, since it´s been awhile....I don´t want anything for Xmas....maybe a card!

5:06 a.m.  
Blogger Tgus said...

Hey Gully!!
Long time no talk my friend!! I'm glad to hear everything seems to be going so well for you, it all sounds so exciting! I wanted to tell you that I'm coming thgrough the UK from the 12th of January til the 29th, on my way back to Australia, so if you're in the area at all at that point I'd love to meet up! Unfortunately I think time constraints won't let me travel all the way to the CR, but maybe theres somewhere we could meet halfway if school isn't started up for you yet?
Anyway - Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you before then, and keep on keeping on!
Miss my Gully hugs :)
Love Talia

10:27 a.m.  
Blogger Stephen Johns said...

Doesn't it suck when people post exuberant shout outs on your blog, but don't spell your last name correctly? Am I a jerk for pointing this out? More to the point, am I a jerk for not having commented on this blog til today? Or is the fact that I haven't been commenting merely a reflection of the fact that I'm still bitter towards the universe for ripping you, me and the Byrne apart last April? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Anyway, keep writing buddy. The world just ain't the same without regular doses of Gulley.

11:46 a.m.  
Blogger Tgus said...

Oops. sorry GULLEY.
My big-time bad.

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger gulldogg said...

LOL! There´s the classic good old Queen´s repartee that I miss and love. Steve, you´re not a jerk...you´re much worse things than that! BTW, I´ve figured out how to get video highlights of the Leaf games on my computer here...things get better everyday!

Good to hear from you Tal! I got this idea from you you know.

12:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home