That's All
It's always a shame, it's just the same, and that's all.
Jessica's gone, and I'm back to my regular routine. Which has only been made MORE regular and boring with the news from my good friend Bob that he can't come to visit me because he can't afford it. Well I ask this: how can you afford NOT to? Think about it *touches nose*.
So Jessica came back to Hradec, where she met all the good people who have been looking after me here: Tomas, Eva, Ondra, Ilca, Zuza, and my co-workers. She came into my classes on Monday and Wednesday, and the students liked her I think. (Jess, Tomas Rajchl was taking down your email pretty quickly this morning!). I kept her up many hours, and even when she got to sleep in and I didn't, she was soooo tired. Jesser, remember: you can't bark with the big dogs when you piss like a puppy! (and barking once every two weeks isn't enough). Haha...all in all, it was the best week I've had since I got here, and I miss her again already. It'll be great to get back this summer and see everyone again.
We went out to some of the nicer restaurants in town, which was nice (especially when she paid the bill, without telling me first, at U Ceske Koruny). We fed the ducks and swans and river rat/otter like creatures. There's a funny story about that: I had my camera and was filming the ducks, when this little river rat/otter thing climbed out of the water and starting walking right towards us. I'd never seen this thing before, so I didn't know if it was being territorial. At the moment it lifted its head, a swan right behind it (which I didn't see because I was filming the rat/otter) started hissing at the rat/otter. But I thought it was the rat/otter beast hissing at US, telling us to piss off, so I grabbed Jessica (who saw the swan the whole time) and said "get out...GET OUT..." My filming caught it all...it's pretty funny. The swans are really violent here though. Two of them were really letting the rat/otter frankenstein have it. Little guy just wanted some bread. Oh yeah, then a swan tripped on a rock and fell backwards, trapping its head under the water. Jessica started freaking and it looked like it would drown so I went down to flip it over, but it corrected itself and started picking on the otterat again.
We went back to Prague on Friday, but before we left Ondra took us for a drive out to a castle that sits on a big hill in between Hradec Kralove and Pardubice. It was closed, but we were still allowed to walk along the grounds. It was a nice day, so there are some nice photos to follow.
And now I'm back to the grind. No more visitors for a month. Working on the weekends. I have decided to get out of Hradec for Easter though. I've booked hostels in Vienna and Budapest--two nights each. Apparantly Budapest is a party city though (so says Dwayne, the Aussie we met in Prague).
Hope all is well with you, wherever you may be.
Till next post...
Jessica, under the archway (probably an old entrance).
Jessica and Ondra.
Jessica, on the high wall.
Castle.
Castle, from below.
Get out...GET OUT!!
At the Atlas Hostel, getting ready to leave at 4:30AM.
Jessica's gone, and I'm back to my regular routine. Which has only been made MORE regular and boring with the news from my good friend Bob that he can't come to visit me because he can't afford it. Well I ask this: how can you afford NOT to? Think about it *touches nose*.
So Jessica came back to Hradec, where she met all the good people who have been looking after me here: Tomas, Eva, Ondra, Ilca, Zuza, and my co-workers. She came into my classes on Monday and Wednesday, and the students liked her I think. (Jess, Tomas Rajchl was taking down your email pretty quickly this morning!). I kept her up many hours, and even when she got to sleep in and I didn't, she was soooo tired. Jesser, remember: you can't bark with the big dogs when you piss like a puppy! (and barking once every two weeks isn't enough). Haha...all in all, it was the best week I've had since I got here, and I miss her again already. It'll be great to get back this summer and see everyone again.
We went out to some of the nicer restaurants in town, which was nice (especially when she paid the bill, without telling me first, at U Ceske Koruny). We fed the ducks and swans and river rat/otter like creatures. There's a funny story about that: I had my camera and was filming the ducks, when this little river rat/otter thing climbed out of the water and starting walking right towards us. I'd never seen this thing before, so I didn't know if it was being territorial. At the moment it lifted its head, a swan right behind it (which I didn't see because I was filming the rat/otter) started hissing at the rat/otter. But I thought it was the rat/otter beast hissing at US, telling us to piss off, so I grabbed Jessica (who saw the swan the whole time) and said "get out...GET OUT..." My filming caught it all...it's pretty funny. The swans are really violent here though. Two of them were really letting the rat/otter frankenstein have it. Little guy just wanted some bread. Oh yeah, then a swan tripped on a rock and fell backwards, trapping its head under the water. Jessica started freaking and it looked like it would drown so I went down to flip it over, but it corrected itself and started picking on the otterat again.
We went back to Prague on Friday, but before we left Ondra took us for a drive out to a castle that sits on a big hill in between Hradec Kralove and Pardubice. It was closed, but we were still allowed to walk along the grounds. It was a nice day, so there are some nice photos to follow.
And now I'm back to the grind. No more visitors for a month. Working on the weekends. I have decided to get out of Hradec for Easter though. I've booked hostels in Vienna and Budapest--two nights each. Apparantly Budapest is a party city though (so says Dwayne, the Aussie we met in Prague).
Hope all is well with you, wherever you may be.
Till next post...
Jessica, under the archway (probably an old entrance).
Jessica and Ondra.
Jessica, on the high wall.
Castle.
Castle, from below.
Get out...GET OUT!!
At the Atlas Hostel, getting ready to leave at 4:30AM.

4 Comments:
I think the animals you're talking about are called muskrats ... and believe it or not, they live in the Kingston harbour! I used to take the kids I nannied for there, and we would feed them and watch them chase after the ducks.
See? the world isn't so big after all :D
Muskrats? Hmm, I've heard of them, but I've never seen one. This one was pretty passive, it just let the swans attack itself.
I like otterat too though :)
You know I love Bob as much as the next guy...but c'mon: Bob in Eastern Europe? Isn't it beter for the rest of the human race that we *don't* see this for the time being? Eastern Europe is still struggling with democracy; I can't imagine how they'd react to Bob Cole in their midst. ;)
Well, apparently Tomas is all talk and no action - because I have yet to recieve an e-mail from him... Haha
Thank you so much for such a great week. I miss you tons as well and I can't wait to see you again in the summer! (And guess what! I still remember how to say all the words I had a solid grip on before I left!)
Say hello to everyone for me (and thanks again to them as well for helping to make my stay so enjoyable)!
Love, ~Jess
P.S. I haven't watched Mission: Impossible yet. Unfortunately at the moment I'm just too busy catching up to do so, but I will get to it...
Post a Comment
<< Home