Tuesday, November 01, 2005

In Hiding

Hello everyone....

Well, most of the readers will now know that a lot of that last post was a pure lie. I DID go to Prague for four days, yes, but that bit about coming back for a staff meeting was plainly and simply not true.

You see, my Mom reads this blog quite often, and last Friday was her 50th birthday. My step-father, Larry, and sisters, Jen and Kari, have been arranging a surprise party for this monumental occasion for the past half year or so. So I thought that I would add to the surprise by flying back home for part of my week´s holidays.

And boy, did it ever work...the surprise that is.

I was hiding in the kitchen of the Barrie Curling Club while the initial surprise was setting in, and I came out for surprise number two a few minutes later. The surprises were complete successes. Happy 50th Mom!!

So yeah, I was home for a few days, mostly hiding at Jen´s house, and hoping not to be seen on the one occasion that I did leave the house. The flight back to Canada was one of the best flights I´ve ever been on, but not so much the flight back. On the flight back from Toronto to London (I switched planes at Heathrow to come back to Prague) I did have an aisle seat, but I was wedged in between two families with young children; never before have I witnessed two infants coordinate their efforts with such irregular and indisputable success. When one would finish crying, the other would start up, and then when they were calmed down, back to the other side to continue the chorus. Now imagine this for 7 straight hours. Enough said.

So I am back in Hradec Kralové, back in the classroom. Class is done here now, and I´m detoxing from the day. I have to go grocery shopping tonight though, so I will split for now.

Till next post...

P.S. My apologies to you Irish Tim, but truth is truth. That said though, I don´t think anybody would ever claim that Sparta Praha could defeat Arsenal London (and we´ll find this out for sure this week won´t we?). So yes, while the Czech league is more exciting to watch, I´m willing to admit that the British Premiership is probably composed of all-around better players. Good to hear from you man....I may visit Ireland before the year is done here, so I´ll let you know (I thought you were in London though?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for the Halloween pictures Gulley lets go lets go broken nose hurry hurry hurry!!!!!

9:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it was just GREAT to have you home, but I would really like it if you would post those pictures (esp the one of Kali dressed as Darth Vadar) because i dont have a good one like yours!
hope your flight home was good! ill talk to ya later... bye jeff
love always
Kari

11:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello;
It sure was good to see you last week, even though it nearly gave me a heart attack. Your mom was surprised and that made the party having you there. Too bad about the crying kids. It sure spoils an otherwise good flight. Things are quiet here. Grandpa went down to the specialist yesterday and it is calcium buildup in his arteries. The Doctor said it is too risky to operate and to keep walking and stopping when they hurt too bad. G. was disappointed that there was nothing to be done, but is keeping going.
Talk to you soon.
Love, Gramma

5:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home