Happy the Man
Seems like a good title for the next few photos from James's visit...and other things. Though James is certainly not as happy a man as Steve is, he's happy nonetheless.
Lunch party at Tom and Eva's: Tom, Ondra, me, Niky, Ilča, and Eva. Eva prepared a nice salmon brought back from their Norwegian summer holiday.
Lunch party at Tom and Eva's: Tom, Ondra, me, Niky, Ilča, and Eva. Eva prepared a nice salmon brought back from their Norwegian summer holiday.In more recent news, I've found myself a volleyball team that will let me play with them at their practices. Now, these guys are goooood. I went last night and practiced with them for the first time. I don't expect I'll be playing in any of their league games, but they let me play at practice and that's all I really want anyway. Last night was my first time playing any real serious volleyball in about 8 years, and man do I hurt this morning from it. I'm rediscovering those muscles I had forgotten I had. And my teaching schedule is now pretty full...I'm at over 30 hours a week just teaching hours alone (no prep time or weekend courses included here). So, Mom, I know you were worrying about me, worry no more....I'm busier than a one-legged Riverdancer.
Till next post...
Till next post...







6 Comments:
Say it with me once slowly:
"Byrrrrrrrrrrrne."
Doesn't your world feel better already?
Steve
Hey...Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Missed ya for a great dinner at Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Joe's house. Was very hung over from partying the night before though!
Talk to you soon,
Jen
I forgot all about Thanksgiving! Needless to say, it's not celebrated over here, and thus not a part of the 365 day organizer I bought here last year. Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving. I was probably hungover too regardless.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving........
with you gone there was one less turkey at the table!!
Just kidding........we had a lovely Thanksgiving hosted at Lorraine and Joe's. Turkey and all the trimmin's.....
Anyway, dad & I got out both Sat. & Sun. for golf...needless to say I was a little tired yesterday and spent most of it on the couch. Dad got the pool winterized and closed so that deed is done.
We had a surprise call from Arnie Weinig last week....seems he and his girlfriend are in Canada vacationing so they wanted to be able to get together while they are here. They were spending the weekend travelling through Algonquin Park, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City and then coming back Thursday or Friday. They will come and stay with us until they fly home on Saturday so hopefully we will get a nice visit. Everyone is well here although I am just getting over a NASTY cold. It is now entering it's fourth week and I'm still stuffed up and have coughing spasms. They say it lasts about six - eight weeks!! Joy, oh, joy! Well, must get on with work........talk soon!
Love, Mom
Hey Jeffy
I would like to add in to jen's comment that i was not as hung over as her, however did not have a voice all of sunday, and its just coming back to me now (tuesday) BRUTAL!i worked on thanksgiving but got off ontime to make it for dinner, though i cannot eat turkey:( haha I got your postcards... they are very bizarre... i mean the one looks like the pug is drowning, but he kind of has the same eyes as the terrier in "Best in Show" at the end there when Eugene Levy is holding him up in his glory hahahah... The one on the grill still has me thinking... "hot dog?" that can't be comfortable, and the one that is being pieced together... just weird, hahhaha
But maybe i can find some interesting things to send to you now... that will keep me busy atleast! hahah
anyways i will be talking with you soon as i have an essay due... expect one in your email and try and fit it in with your busy life, if not no worries, take care!
love kari
Adršpach? Well, it´s about 15 km from "my" town... :) Beautiful nature there :)
Post a Comment
<< Home