Thursday, July 20, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Believe it or not, that's an actual Peter Gabriel song title, and not just a cheesy cliche.

So, I'm back in Barrie now, and as so many people have told me, it's been about a month since I've updated this thing. So here I am again, telling cyberspace about my life, and hoping that others care enough about me to read it.....I'm just kidding, I KNOW you all love me :P

So, the newest news is that my future wife Niky and I have officially begun our courtship. I have a new girlfriend, her name is Nikola, and she's great. I don't know if she's reading this or not, as she is searching for her summer job...but I'm sure Leni will tell her she got a mention. ;)

Here's a couple pictures of us:

Look how white I am!


So with this news, comes the next logical fact: I'm going back to the Czech Republic again next year (Steve, I'm really sorry bro!). After reading through my last few blog entries before this one, I realize that most of you probably figured I would end up going back again anyways. I have absolutely no need to justify my reasons, but let me just say this: Life in the Czech Republic is good. And no, not just because the beer is so good. The lifestyle in Bohemia is so in tune with my lifestyle that in just 10 short months I have found a place where I have never felt so at home. And Tomas is basically one of the best friends a guy could ask for (and his girlfriend Eva is going to be my supervisor next year!). Yes, it gets frustrating not knowing the language sometimes, but all in all I've been really happy in the Czech Republic. This past year was my year of "proving I could do it", that being, living a year away from home and not seeing anybody. Now, next year and however many other years I end up there for, I plan on visiting Canada much more often. I'm hoping at the very least Christmas and August each year, and if I can afford some more trips I'll be all over it.

Surprisingly, the family and friends in Canada that I've told this to so far have been extremely understanding and supportive. I figured they would be more upset with me, but hey, maybe they're happy to get rid of me! ;) Actually, Mom, Jen, and Kari told me that this year was the first Christmas where there wasn't a major family fight (and it was also the first Christmas I wasn't home for). Perhaps it's better this way, even if I miss you all and you miss me.

So that's the latest. Sorry it took so long, but I've been limited in my internet access. For my Czech friends: I'll be taking pictures soon of Barrie, so stay tuned and I'll post them in the coming days/weeks.

Till next post...

6 Comments:

Blogger Lainy said...

be sure I'll tell her :D haha
by the way don't worry about your czech, you're learning quickly maybe some time you'll be better then us ;)
so, see ya in September Jeffy

p.s: now it won't be any surprise after you wrote this for people that you'll come back...

3:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great you´ll come back.. See you..

11:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you came home for a little while at least...

10:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. i finally remembered for once to check out your blog. guess im a little too late. but i will be seeign you at the golf tournament hopefully. bye jeff. love your coolest cousin kristen :)

12:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

white like a cheese but still my love and kořen:)loooove you, cant wait to see you again:-*:-*

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger Stephen Johns said...

"White like a cheese."

I have nothing further to add.

Steve

2:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home