Shaking the Tree
Hey, for everyone who still reads this despite the looong absense between posts.
The visit with James has come and gone, and a good one it was. It'll be impossible to get into every detail, but I can give you a brief rundown of his time here:
Thursday September 21st
Till next post...
The visit with James has come and gone, and a good one it was. It'll be impossible to get into every detail, but I can give you a brief rundown of his time here:
Thursday September 21st
- Byrne arrives at about 8:00pm on his train from Brno. Niky and I meet him at the main train station in Hradec. We drop his bag off at my place.
- On our way to Sport Cafe for some drinks, we run into my co-worker and neighbour, Kathy, who, despite being just on her way back from drinks in the Old Square herself, decides to turn around and join us anyway.
- I had to work in the morning, and jet-lagged James (suffering from "the Drop") wanted to sleep in. I meet him at noon, at Cafe Franc, and we enjoy the best coffee that Hradec has to offer.
- We are met an hour later by my beautiful Nikola, and her almost equally beautiful best friend, Alice. The four of us go for lunch at Movie Bar.
- Later this night, James and I meet Ondra and Ilca at Černy Kun (The Black Horse) for drinks. We are joined by Mark, Tomas, Eva, Radka, Alice, and another Eva. Many beers follow, as well as some shots of Tuzemak, Becherovka, Fernet, and Tequila (James wanted to taste the local liquors, and I don't know whose idea the tequila was!)
- After a whopping four hours of sleep, Niky, James, and myself get our ragged asses out of bed at 6:00am to meet Eva and Tomas with bicycles at the bus terminal. We grab a bus for Adrspach (the Bohemian sandstones) in the north. We proceed to cycle 60km through the north of Bohemia before deciding to call it quits and get a bus the rest of the way from Jaromeř.
- After a brief recovery and shower in Hradec, James and I meet Tomas and Eva at U České Koruny (At the Czech Krown)
- James and I hop on a train and spend the better part of the day touring Prague.
- My last Monday of not having to work (I actually had lessons today!). I took James by my old school, where we met up with Mark, Natalya, and Pat. We agreed to meet the three of them later for a Celtic music concert in the centre of town.
- We went for lunch with Eva, Kathy, and Radka at U Knihomola (at the Bookworm).
- James had a few hours on his own while I prepared my lessons for my Tuesday in Nové Město.
- I came back to my flat to meet not only James, but Niky, Alice, and Garnat. I think Alice must have really liked James, as most girls seem to do.
- As promised, James and I meet Pat, Mark, and Natalya in the centre for the Celtic concert.
- We leave the concert two hours into it's three hour program, as we are supposed to meet Alex at Sport Cafe. So, where the visit began, thus it ended...in the same pub.
Till next post...

7 Comments:
i recall a certain "slip and fall" off your bike in penetang too... i dont think that is quite your sport jeff. You may want to think twice about you relationship with violet.
Haha... anyways sounds like you had a good time showing james off to your friends, i am still looking into visiting at some point, and i think i've finally figured out what i want to do with my life so we will see.
talk to ya later
love always - kari
Don't think that reading that entry didn't eat me up on the inside--because it did. The house crawl with you, Byrne and that random girl we tried pairing Byrne with was honestly one of the most epic nights of my university career; taking that night, adding in a few Czech nationals and then staging it in Prague...I mean, can we fathom the levels of madness? Dammit, I wish I was there.
On the other hand, I did see the Who on Saturday--so maybe we're even.
Steven
Ewww... I believe gauze and medical tape would be a good investment for you in this situation...
Anyway, glad you had a good time with James. All those pubs sound so familiar...
OH! At last check (this morning) I can get a round trip ticket to Prague with Scandanavian airlines for $499 plus taxes. I just have to buy it by the end of this month... Sounds fantastic to me, so I may have some even more confirmed and exciting news soon!
By the way, I guess you should be aware that Reading Week is February 19 - 23, so I would book the flight for the 16 or 17... Just make sure you don't make any other plans for that week for now, ok!?
It's about time Jeff boy. Been checking and checking, wondering what has happened to you. glad you had a good time with your friend. sounds like you're getting lots of exercise as well, as sightseeing. all's well here. talk to yu soon
love, gram
Jeffy, who has as soooo good ideas as your blondie?:)so yeah-tequila was my job;) btw: that thing with Alice´s computer REALLY wasnt my fault:(:D
Pa Your handy Niky
Kari: You wouldn't be referring to the ol' "popcorn box falling out of my mouth so I reached up with BOTH hands to grab it, thus losing complete control of my steering mechanism and falling to the cold concrete scraping up my left side" incident would you? You actually remember that?! You SHOULD be a lawyer (I told you).
Niky: I should have known that such a "good idea" was yours ;)
Oh and Kari, you don't actually think I took Violet mountain biking do you? Do you think I'm crazy?? (Don't answer it). I was borrowing a much more modern and well-equipped bicycle from Tomas.
Post a Comment
<< Home