Sunday, September 03, 2006

Only Us

So, the final installment of the wedding summer took place last night. Kevin and Karey did the ol' kiss n' sign yesterday, to a captive audience of umbrella holding friends and family members. The ceremony itself was at Kevin's parents' house in Oro Station, right on the shores of Lake Simcoe. The rain was drizzling, but held off mostly until we packed up and all went to Victoria Village in Barrie for the reception. Good food, good booze, and a terrific speech by the best man Bob made for a good night. I was a bit emotional towards the end of the night (which for me was at about 1am), probably a combination of the weddings I've been to this summer, and because I'm on the plane tomorrow back to the Czech Republic. I miss the Czech Republic when I'm here, and I miss Canada when I'm there....I'm screwed for life on this dilemma I think! But I'm happy to be returning to my lovely Niky. I'll post some pictures of the wedding here, and then you won't hear from me again until I'm across the big pond.

The seating arrangment by the water was beautiful, but it's too bad that Mother Nature wasn't playing along.

Believe it or not, this is the best one I could get of the ceremony

The bridal and groom parties, after the ceremony

My table at the reception

Kevin was a bit teary after Bob's great speech (so was I)

The happy new husband and wife, cutting the cake

And the first dance

So a very big congratulations to the three new married couples of the summer: Chris and Lisa, Rahul and Sangeeta, and Kevin and Karey. It was my very big honour to be a part of all of your special days. Looks like Ty and Amanda will be the next wedding I go to next summer (sometime in August, eh guys--I am invited right?). Just doing laundry and packing now....really really looking forward to getting back with Nikola, and the days are just crawling at a snail's pace now. Ah well, let's pray for some good in-flight entertainment to make the time go quicker tomorrow...and hopefully I won't have any crazy airport stories to share in my next blog post, because crazy airport stories never have happy endings.

Till next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home