Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Guide Vocal

Hi everyone...another music-themed post here. So as you might know, I'm returning to the Czech Republic soon....like in five days soon. To keep me company on the flight home, and through the whole year, I've created two mixed CDs (Mix Master Jeff volumes 1 and 2). I compiled a bunch of songs that a) I really like, but would never buy the whole CD for; or b) I really like, WOULD buy the whole CD, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Check out these beasts:

MIX MASTER JEFF VOLUME #1
  1. Bridge to Nowhere -- Sam Roberts
  2. Band on the Run -- Paul McCartney with Wings
  3. Take on Me -- Aha
  4. City of Blinding Lights -- U2
  5. Superstition -- Stevie Wonder
  6. Please Forgive Me -- Bryan Adams
  7. Don't Stop Believing -- Journey
  8. Into the West -- Annie Lennox
  9. Sexual Healing -- Marvin Gaye
  10. Fireworks -- The Tragically Hip
  11. Just Between You and Me -- April Wine
  12. Lost Together -- Blue Rodeo
  13. More Than Words -- Extreme
  14. Dream Weaver --Gary Wright
  15. Goo Goo Dolls -- Slide
  16. Easy Like Sunday Morning -- Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores
  17. She Will Be Loved -- Maroon 5

MIX MASTER JEFF VOLUME #2 (yet to be created)

  1. Where Have All the Good People Gone -- Sam Roberts
  2. Dance the Night Away -- Van Halen (?)
  3. Give a Little Bit -- Supertramp
  4. Young Hearts Be Free Tonight -- Rod Stewart
  5. Ramble On -- Led Zeppelin
  6. Anniversary Song -- The Cowboy Junkies
  7. Five Long Years -- Colin James
  8. Running on Empty -- Jackson Browne
  9. Call on Me -- Steve Winwood
  10. When I See You Smile -- Bad English
  11. Angel -- Aerosmith
  12. Beast of Burden -- The Rolling Stones
  13. Sea of No Cares -- Great Big Sea
  14. Yesterday -- The Beatles
  15. Subdivisions -- Rush
  16. China Grove -- The Doobie Brothers
  17. Young Americans -- David Bowie

What do you think of those mixes? Which one is your favourite? Any kudos/flames for my song choices? (Steve, there's no Pink Floyd because I have all the Pink Floyd albums that I need, and they're all going with me too). Feel free to start any intellectual or mundane debates in the comments section.

Till next post...

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Johns said...

YES! "Take On Me"! Ah, memories of Birch..."nanananana, nana, nanananana, nanananana, na-naah na nananana." Seriously, can anybody argue with Aha?

6:27 p.m.  
Blogger gulldogg said...

Glad you approve bud ;)

Oh, and there were problems downloading Angel, so I had to substitute Africa by Toto instead--which is probably a better choice anyway.

12:01 p.m.  
Blogger gulldogg said...

...and by the way, Anniversary Song by the Cowboy Junkies might be the best song ever written....I'm addicted!

8:44 a.m.  
Blogger Gavin27 said...

good solid tunes there buddy.

Hope we'll see you again, for Rodrigues' wedding or sooner if we're all lucky.

cheers

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Gavin27 said...

good solid tunes there buddy.

Hope we'll see you again, for Rodrigues' wedding or sooner if we're all lucky.

cheers

3:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(music notes the indicate singing) "God bless the rains down in Aaaafrica..." (end music notes). Ah, good times, buddy, good times. But, even with the addition of Toto, my bote still goes for Mix 1. Mix 2 is good, but there is just something about 1 that attracts me more. It must be it's sparkling smile... Haha.
Love, ~Jess

10:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home