Friday, May 26, 2006

Book of Love

So, I must be getting older, though I don't feel any older aside from the odd rough hangover. The point being, all of my friends, who are younger than me by the way, are getting married. Chris Sherry and Lisa Henderson will be the first, this August. On the same weekend, my friend from university, Rahul, is getting married to his girlfriend (name forgotten...only met her once...sorry Rahul!). Then comes Kevin Jacquemain and Karey Goheen, this September. And now, the newest news is that another good friend of mine, Tyler Kelcey, has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Amanda McClenaghan......in Japan of all places. They are also teaching ESL, in Japan though, not the Czech Republic. Here is a picture of them, with the new ring:



Doesn't it look like she's about to punch him in the chin?

So, my hearty congratulations to the newest addition of my "friends who have all grown up quicker than me." And, as I pointed out to Ty earlier today on MSN, he owes everything to me, because Amanda was on my floor in first year at university, so he never would have met her otherwise. Speaking of which, hey Amanda: remember in first year when you dated a former member of a now Juno Award winning rock group? (hint: it's Bedouin Soundclash). However, Ty himself will likely one day actually have a Juno Award, because he's a great musician. And he's just written a symphony of love...booyah!...hi five!

So what else is new? Oh, well, my hair is getting quite long. I'll post a picture of me and Tomas to show you how long it is (this was taken three days ago...we're dressed up because the final year students are taking their final exams, and to go into the room you must be dressed nicely...I had to tie Tom's tie for him!):



So, that's how long my hair is now. And I think with length comes loss. Never before have I pulled out such large clumps of my hair while I'm shampooing my head. I might have to cut it before I return, or risk losing it forever. Does anyone else support my theory of length=loss?

Anybody seen Da Vinci Code yet? I have. Might be Tom Hanks's worst performance ever. But Ian McKellan is good, and the story is interesting enough to make it worthwhile. It's nice to have the artistic, symbolic, and architectural visuals while you're following the story too...the book can't do that. There were no Christian groups protesting the film here (and if there were I didn't understand what they were saying).

So this should do for now. All I have to say in closing is that the Oilers MUST win the Stanley Cup. How much does Ryan Smyth deserve one? This much *holds hands as far apart from each other as he can*

Till next post...

6 Comments:

Blogger AngryDuck! said...

Ever since the Duck's beat out the Flames (grr), I've resorted to cheering for the Oilers despite (or perhaps, because of) the fact that they are our chief rivals. They lost tonight, but they have ample time to make up for it.

RE: The Da Vinci Code; I may not be an excellent judge of acting ability, but I found nothing to fault Hanks over. And as for protest groups, when have Christians ever been tolerant of challenges to their doctrine?

As for getting older, don't feel too bad. All my friends are getting married too, and my girlfriend is trying to pressure me into also. I think that there is something to be said for the strength of a relationship that doesn't require a contract to solidify it's durability. Using marriage as a measure of a person's maturity (or 'grown-up-ishness) is perhaps not the best thing to do. Just because a person is married doesn't mean that they've grown up. In fact, I've known people who have gotten married in order to grow up, and it has never worked out.

5:18 a.m.  
Blogger Ty and Amanda said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your blog Gulls. I sure feel "grown up" now!! haha. As for the comparison to Bedouin Soundclash, hmmm, what do I have to do to get another mention on this blog, win a grammy? haha No seriously, thanks for the nod!

8:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geofrrey,

Who was that comment refering to regarding hair falling out and losing it forever???
Glad to see you are still having a good time and look forward to seeing you this summer... hope you are making it to the golf tourney

Uncle Beel

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Irish Tim said...

Jeff...whatever happened to those pictures of the hot English girls. I am still waiting to be convinced.

2:49 p.m.  
Blogger Ange said...

Gulley - you're a man, so you are scared of hair loss. But don't freak out, you're supposed to lose 100 strands a hair a day...it's normal.

And, I like the hair - so keep it at least for a little while.

2:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff #1: the longer the hair, the more noticable the loss.

Irish Tim: I have seen the photos of Jeff with the chicks, so yes it really happened...however they are in the possession of my technically challenged mother, so it might be awhile.

Jeff #2: ditch the hair, I couldn't help but notice how much more you look like mom (and me) with the longer locks.

See ya in 6 weeks!

Jen

7:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home