The Silent Sun
I am red. Red like Santa Claus's coat. Red like the Red Sea. Red like a Team Canada jersey. Red like my face when Team Canada gets throttled 5-0 by Finland in the bronze medal game of the World Ice Hockey Championships.
Anyways, the weather has taken an incredible turn for the awesome. So Tom and I celebrated by taking a bike trip yesterday to Kuks, which is a bit north of a town called Jaromer. It's close to the Polish frontier. It was a gorgeous day...not a cloud in the sky, and I of course got a nice sunburn as a souvenir. I didn't feel it until I got home yesterday afternoon, but the sun was certainly doing his job yesterday! We were out on the bikes for a total of about seven hours, and travelled about 85 kilometres. Probably the most exercise I've had in about 12 years (just ballparking here) but it was worth it. I felt tired last night, but today I feel like a million bucks. I think I'm gonna have to buy a bike when I get back to Canada. The only difference is, it's a pretty dry heat here, unlike the humid and moist hot summer air in Barrie. Oh yeah, it's also very flat in the Hradec Kralove region, unlike the hilly terrain of the Barrie area (although, I must say that Tomas is very good at finding the routes that feel like they're totally uphill!). Good fun, good exercise, and some nice pictures:
Okay, the computer and internet are being little bitches right now, and the pictures are taking forever to upload. So I'll try a little later, or tomorrow.
Another thing that happened this weekend is that I taught my final Saturday course in Pardubice. The one class that I've had since the very beginning are one of the greatest classes a guy could ask for. I'll miss them for sure, but they gave me a little going away present to remember them by: a monster bottle of Becherovka (I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get all this Czech booze back to Canada! I'm overweight in my bag as it is).
So I'll put the photos up later or tomorrow. That's all that's going on for now. The party count is up to two (for students throwing me parties). Any more? Come on guys! I can handle whatever you throw at me!
Till next post...
Anyways, the weather has taken an incredible turn for the awesome. So Tom and I celebrated by taking a bike trip yesterday to Kuks, which is a bit north of a town called Jaromer. It's close to the Polish frontier. It was a gorgeous day...not a cloud in the sky, and I of course got a nice sunburn as a souvenir. I didn't feel it until I got home yesterday afternoon, but the sun was certainly doing his job yesterday! We were out on the bikes for a total of about seven hours, and travelled about 85 kilometres. Probably the most exercise I've had in about 12 years (just ballparking here) but it was worth it. I felt tired last night, but today I feel like a million bucks. I think I'm gonna have to buy a bike when I get back to Canada. The only difference is, it's a pretty dry heat here, unlike the humid and moist hot summer air in Barrie. Oh yeah, it's also very flat in the Hradec Kralove region, unlike the hilly terrain of the Barrie area (although, I must say that Tomas is very good at finding the routes that feel like they're totally uphill!). Good fun, good exercise, and some nice pictures:
Okay, the computer and internet are being little bitches right now, and the pictures are taking forever to upload. So I'll try a little later, or tomorrow.
Another thing that happened this weekend is that I taught my final Saturday course in Pardubice. The one class that I've had since the very beginning are one of the greatest classes a guy could ask for. I'll miss them for sure, but they gave me a little going away present to remember them by: a monster bottle of Becherovka (I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get all this Czech booze back to Canada! I'm overweight in my bag as it is).
So I'll put the photos up later or tomorrow. That's all that's going on for now. The party count is up to two (for students throwing me parties). Any more? Come on guys! I can handle whatever you throw at me!
Till next post...

7 Comments:
It's nice to hear that you are finally getting some warm weather again. It was little on the cool side this past weekend but it's to warm up this week. Just in time for the Roberts big move to Barrie! Their home closes on Friday and moving day is Saturday so we'll all be busy getting them settled in. Warren's house closes a couple weeks later so he'll get the benefit of Joe and Lorraine paying for the move! Not that he has much to move!!
Not much new since I spoke to you on Saturday..........booked our trip to Atlantis this morning.... we're leaving on Dec 3 and coming home on the 7th...something to look forward to! I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures from your bike trip in the next couple of days.....don't forget to post the pictures of the Brits for Steve to see!
you´re not so red...
No, not today. Not anymore.
Gulley, that's a little over the top. You're bag is no heavier than the rest of us boys, in fact, I'm pretty sure your bag is nice and light, not that I know first hand, (wow this is getting gross). It was ballsy of you to post such re-dick-ulous humour. balls....bag...bag..bally bally balls.............bag.
LOL!
looool :D hey Jeff, I thought that among your friends Bob is only the one who is kinda *frustrated* :D
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home