Monday, June 05, 2006

Time Table

Into the final month of my teaching here. At times, this year has gone by creepingly slow (see: the first two months), and at other times, this year has gone swiftly (see: the rest of the year). To mark the first day of my final month here, the school was so kind as to have me teach seven lessons in a row (teacher suicide for the uninitiated). As well, I did some practice with two students for their certificate test, and now I'm waiting for my Monday night adult class...then I'm free! Infact, I like the practice testing, especially because these two girls are from my class, and very nice, and I want them to pass even more (which I think they will). All in all though, it's a helluva time table for a Monday. Two of the teachers, Anzik and Dasa, are away in France, and one, Natalya, is sick (kidney stones I think--had them before....they hurt). So the rest of the department are pulling together with supply classes and combined classes. Keeping us on our toes that's for sure.

In good news, I found out that I can actually stay in my apartment until I leave in mid-July, and that they're not going to kick me out or anything. This is good, as I hadn't fully thought about that before I bought my flight ticket. I still may be working the first week of July doing another superlearning in the mountains, but I think they need more students to sign up for me to go.

Nothing too crazy this past weekend...just enjoying my last few weeks of enjoying the Czech beer (oh I do hope I can find it in Canada!). I went out on Friday with a few of my former students/new friends--see Lenka's blog for the pictures. I was invited to go dancing with them, but I informed them that my dancing is rather sub-par, and invited them to join me at the pub instead. They did. It was good fun, and I found out also last week that a few of the other students are organizing a party for me and the whole sexta class, and while I don't think that ALL of them will go (I'm not THAT vain to think that they all like me) I know that many of them will, and it's a nice gesture. Irma even offered (hehe, at my strong suggestion!) to make me lasagna after she found out that it's my favourite food. MMMMM, can't wait Irma! Can't wait for the party next Friday too.

That's all for now. Wishing Natalya a speedy recovery, and not because I don't mind subbing her classes but because I know what a kidney stone feels like!

Till next post...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were writting about party...I donť think most of students will come, but not because they donť like you, but because they havenť got information about this action. I think itš only for "VIP" people...Maybe somebody can be dissapointed, because he wasnť invited...I will be dissapointed...

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger gulldogg said...

Oh, really? High schools never change do they? It doesn't matter what country you're in!

Well, I'm available for as many different parties as people want to have with me! I've only got a month guys!! Let me know where you want to go and I'll be there.

1:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh so it´s not true!! Everybody will know about it and Jefficek it had to be a surprise so how do know about it?:(:D but never mind -someone said that it will be in Kuba libre but there´s no place for many people so we were thinking about maybe better way to do that-Lenka has really great mum:) she said that we can do this goodbay party by her:)So family house and everybody who wants to go there can come!!! But its lenicka´s house so she will let you know about details:) bye bye
Bohousek:)

Nikola

10:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And today everybody was talking about this party- whole sextas! I dont mean every person but a couple of them were talking about it in front of the whole class.. Yeah and i forgot- lenka sends an email to everyone so i think nobody will be dissapointed.. :) I hope so:)

10:46 a.m.  
Blogger Lainy said...

oh guys, come one!! Nothing is even settled and you are talking about it as a fait accompli!

Niky, it supposed to be surprise that party at my place! :( And on the other hand I wanted to talk with you all guys tomorrow and fix details like who will come, when it will be or if even someone come! Well, I will talk with you tomorrow anyway.

12:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wrote only things what you had been talking about:(( And only wanted to say that its not for V.I.P. I am really sorry:(..Niky

5:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you Party Animal;

Make the most of your last month over there. You've had a great adventure so far, but we will really be glad to see you this summer and hopefully have you closer to home for awhile.
People have bben asking me if you'll be here for the golf Tournament and I assured them you would be. Everyone is fine here. Tom Jr. arrived in Calgary last Tuesday, don't know if he has started to work yet, but I cn't worry about that.

See you soon,
Love, Gram

10:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home