Springtime in Vienna
Yes, I know it's not a Genesis or Gabriel song title, but it was infact Springtime in Vienna (and Budapest) for me a few weeks ago, and the Tragically Hip were one of my favourite bands at one point in time. So here they are, the long overdue photos of Vienna and Budapest (Easter weekend)...
The gardens at Schonbrunn, Vienna
St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna
I don't know what this is, but it's nice isn't it?
Austrian Parliament in Vienna
Budapest, the River Danube
Budapest
Budapest
Hungarian Parliament, Budapest
At my hostel in Budapest: Jay (USA), Claire (Australia), Milan (Serbia), Danielle (USA), Glen (Australia)
Statue Park, just outside of Budapest. If you've seen the movie Goldeneye you should recognize this place.
Lenin
Communism had the world in its hands...until it crumbled and all of the statues were moved to this park.
Sorry for the delay in posting these photos. I go to get my Mom and Larry today in Prague. I still haven't heard from them to tell me when they're arriving, and whether it's by bus, train, or plane. They're being such teenagers on their vacation, but I love it because usually they (my Mom especially) have to have everything perfectly planned out three months in advance. So I hope I finally hear something from them, or else I have the whole hotel to myself for the weekend (but that probably means I have to pay for it as well).
Till next post...
The gardens at Schonbrunn, Vienna
St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna
I don't know what this is, but it's nice isn't it?
Austrian Parliament in Vienna
Budapest, the River Danube
Budapest
Budapest
Hungarian Parliament, Budapest
At my hostel in Budapest: Jay (USA), Claire (Australia), Milan (Serbia), Danielle (USA), Glen (Australia)
Statue Park, just outside of Budapest. If you've seen the movie Goldeneye you should recognize this place.
Lenin
Communism had the world in its hands...until it crumbled and all of the statues were moved to this park.Sorry for the delay in posting these photos. I go to get my Mom and Larry today in Prague. I still haven't heard from them to tell me when they're arriving, and whether it's by bus, train, or plane. They're being such teenagers on their vacation, but I love it because usually they (my Mom especially) have to have everything perfectly planned out three months in advance. So I hope I finally hear something from them, or else I have the whole hotel to myself for the weekend (but that probably means I have to pay for it as well).
Till next post...

7 Comments:
Hey Jeff;
Great pictures. Maybe you should think of photography as a second career. Say Hi to your Mom & Lary for me. Great day here today. Bright and sunny altho' there is still a cool breeze. Have a great time these next couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Gramma
Hey Gulley,
I hope you have a fab time sharing parts of Europe with your mom and Larry. It must be great to have guests. Ty and I finally have internet in our new place (stolen of course, but internet none-the-less). Your pictures are great. I think the last dude in the picture of the people in your hostle looks more like Ryan Nikitin (Formerly of Barrie Ontario, currently in Calgary AB), don't you??
Keep in real brothah
Amanda
Hey... I'm just reminding you that on the day you wake up and regret breaking your Peter Gabriel/Genesis title tradition, I reserve the right to say "I told you so".
The pictures are gorgeous though... ;)
Luv always, ~Jess
Well, I've never really fancied myself as a photog, but it's nice to have some compliments on my skills. :) Maybe I can get a job photographing female models!!
(and yes Amanda, Glen does look like Ryan in that photo for sure...)
Hey, I'm finally leaving a comment on YOUR blog. I'm a selfish bastard I tell ya. Those pics from Hungary and Austria look amazing, I'm so jealous (sp?). Gulley, I'm telling you, my heart lies in Europe somewhere, not sure exactly where. But Japan is great too, as it will always be. If you ever wanna come visit, you have a free place to stay! Check you later chipper.
Hey Jeff
your old uncle joel is starting to figure this blog stuff out. thought I would send a note to say hi and update you a little.
Weel gwen and I both have our real estate licences now and we are stating to play at it a bit.Got the Seedoo boat in getting tuned up for summer. if you get home bring the kids and we'll go tubing. Are you coming Home in the summer? Maybe get up to sauble? Ironic that I live near one of the greatest beaches in Canada - The world for that matter and i have been to Sauble more than wasaga.How about gulleyfest ? are you going to make it home. look forward to seeing you we'll have a couple of drinks. i am sitting in the office in Stayner and it was pretty quiet so I thought that I would send you a quick note just to let you know you aremissed and we are looking forward to seeing you soon
love
Uncle Joel
gulley1@rogers.com
just some rambling from a chaotic mind
nice
Post a Comment
<< Home