Finally, an update!
I guess a month is long enough to keep my fans waiting. I'm sorry guys, I swear with the lack of interesting news, and more importantly the lack of Internet at my flat, I'm finding it difficult to update this thing as often as I'd like.
However, now I have news, and a free afternoon at the office, so I can update once again. The news is that I have found a new job. I had applied way back in October for a job opening here in Hradec Kralove as an editor for a software company. The company is Swiss, and it's called GMC. They have an office set up here in Hradec Kralove, and most of the employees around the world work here. There is also a Canadian office in Markham, ON. Anyway, I had gone in for an interview before Christmas, and I had a second interview after Christmas, and then a month or so ago I went in for one final meeting, and then in March I was told that they wanted to hire me. So, I am the new Editor/Training Materials Consultant for GMC. I start my training next week. I will continue teaching of course until the end of June, but after that I will begin my full-time hours.
I am still coming home in July for Gulleyfest/Redpath Memorial Golf Tournament/Ty and Amanda's Wedding/hopefully Darren and Kari's wedding too. I'll probably be only allowed back for 3 weeks maximum, which kind of sucks, but on the other hand, this is the type of job that I've wanted since graduating from university 3 years ago. The company has also told me that once I'm more familiar with the software, they may send me every once and awhile to Canada to provide trainings at the Markham office, so those would be some nice, free trips home. That's the good news.
The bad news, as I check NHL.com every morning, is that the Leafs can't seem to put together any kind of real run at making the playoffs. Looks like it's down to the final game against Montreal to decide the 8th place -- and that's only if they don't lose to the Islanders first!
Go Leafs Go!
However, now I have news, and a free afternoon at the office, so I can update once again. The news is that I have found a new job. I had applied way back in October for a job opening here in Hradec Kralove as an editor for a software company. The company is Swiss, and it's called GMC. They have an office set up here in Hradec Kralove, and most of the employees around the world work here. There is also a Canadian office in Markham, ON. Anyway, I had gone in for an interview before Christmas, and I had a second interview after Christmas, and then a month or so ago I went in for one final meeting, and then in March I was told that they wanted to hire me. So, I am the new Editor/Training Materials Consultant for GMC. I start my training next week. I will continue teaching of course until the end of June, but after that I will begin my full-time hours.
I am still coming home in July for Gulleyfest/Redpath Memorial Golf Tournament/Ty and Amanda's Wedding/hopefully Darren and Kari's wedding too. I'll probably be only allowed back for 3 weeks maximum, which kind of sucks, but on the other hand, this is the type of job that I've wanted since graduating from university 3 years ago. The company has also told me that once I'm more familiar with the software, they may send me every once and awhile to Canada to provide trainings at the Markham office, so those would be some nice, free trips home. That's the good news.
The bad news, as I check NHL.com every morning, is that the Leafs can't seem to put together any kind of real run at making the playoffs. Looks like it's down to the final game against Montreal to decide the 8th place -- and that's only if they don't lose to the Islanders first!
Go Leafs Go!

4 Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEFF !!!!
Hi Jeff;
Congrats on the new job. Your mom had told me about it, but I forgot when I e-mailed you.
Don't worry about the Leafs, the golf courses are open now.
Happy Birthday (again)
Love,
Grandma
Hey thought you might be not alive anymore...phew! Good to hear from ya.
I am sad that your time back here (July)will be so short but am absolutely happy that you got the job and will be able to work at what you want! Well done and i hope it proves all that you are hoping for. Free trips home in the future is definitely something we can all look forward to!
With Love, Wilma
Post a Comment
<< Home