Christmas Future
Yowza, time flies when you're not blogging. I still update more regularly than my sister Jessica though, whose updates seem to be in tune with each quarterly equinox (or is it solstice?).
So, a few Fridays ago, I trained over to Dresden, Germany, to take care of some official Czech Embassy business. Mom, Larry: you guys were right, the train ride through Děčín and Ústí nad Labem is spectacular! I was only in Dresden for the day though, so I didn't get a chance to tour the city. By point of fact though, Dresden was one of the most severely bombed cities of WWII, with over 25,000 casualties, mostly civilians.
More positively, I am coming home in less than two weeks now for Christmas. Anybody who still reads this thing: I'll be flying home on the 21st and leaving again on the 28th. That gives you one week with which to see me. Keep in mind too that: a) I have a large family who wants to see me, and; b) due to a recent trip to France, my return ticket to Canada, Genesis tickets, and Xmas shopping, I'm mostly broke now, so I can't go out and spend a lot of money. If you're still interested, call me :-)
And finally, some news about my teaching. I teach some post-secondary classes during the mornings, but most of my time is spent teaching one-on-one to individual businesspeople. Most of my business lessons are at the Hradec T-Mobile office. Most of the people working there are young -- my age or even a bit younger. And the company sure knows how to treat their employees. They get bonuses every month for good performances, and check this out...

They have a bloody foosball table which their employees can play whenever they want!! FOR FREE!! And do you notice that Twister board on the floor? My word. T-Mobile's new slogan is "Prostě Blíž!", which means "Simply Closer!" Well there's no better way to get closer to your fellow workers than a game of Twister. I can just imagine the sexual harrassment and political correctness complaints that would follow if this were ever introduced in Canada. (Steve-o, I think we both know of a certain Social Issues Commissioner--nice girl that she is though--who would definitely block this sort of thing in the JDUC, eh? ;-)
So, anyway, I hope there's lots of snow in Canada when I get back, because it is still green and warm here in Hradec Králové. See some of you in two weeks.
Till next post...
So, a few Fridays ago, I trained over to Dresden, Germany, to take care of some official Czech Embassy business. Mom, Larry: you guys were right, the train ride through Děčín and Ústí nad Labem is spectacular! I was only in Dresden for the day though, so I didn't get a chance to tour the city. By point of fact though, Dresden was one of the most severely bombed cities of WWII, with over 25,000 casualties, mostly civilians.
More positively, I am coming home in less than two weeks now for Christmas. Anybody who still reads this thing: I'll be flying home on the 21st and leaving again on the 28th. That gives you one week with which to see me. Keep in mind too that: a) I have a large family who wants to see me, and; b) due to a recent trip to France, my return ticket to Canada, Genesis tickets, and Xmas shopping, I'm mostly broke now, so I can't go out and spend a lot of money. If you're still interested, call me :-)
And finally, some news about my teaching. I teach some post-secondary classes during the mornings, but most of my time is spent teaching one-on-one to individual businesspeople. Most of my business lessons are at the Hradec T-Mobile office. Most of the people working there are young -- my age or even a bit younger. And the company sure knows how to treat their employees. They get bonuses every month for good performances, and check this out...

They have a bloody foosball table which their employees can play whenever they want!! FOR FREE!! And do you notice that Twister board on the floor? My word. T-Mobile's new slogan is "Prostě Blíž!", which means "Simply Closer!" Well there's no better way to get closer to your fellow workers than a game of Twister. I can just imagine the sexual harrassment and political correctness complaints that would follow if this were ever introduced in Canada. (Steve-o, I think we both know of a certain Social Issues Commissioner--nice girl that she is though--who would definitely block this sort of thing in the JDUC, eh? ;-)
So, anyway, I hope there's lots of snow in Canada when I get back, because it is still green and warm here in Hradec Králové. See some of you in two weeks.
Till next post...

6 Comments:
hey bro, ya man lots of snow! See ya in a few weeks dude.
You gonna make it to Toronto? Or am I gonna have to haul ass up to Barrie again?
Steve-o San
amHi Jeff;
Boy do we have snow. Most of the ski trails are open now. Of course HorseShoe Valley was first opening on Wednesday, but I think all the rest opened today.I had about 8 inches of the white stuff to clean off the car first thing this morning.
Counting the days till you're home for Christmas.
The pictures you sent were great. I even managed to get them on the slide show . I'm gradually learning more about this machine.
See in in a couple of weeks.
Lov, Gramma
Bohumil,
Glad to hear you are still having an amazing time over there....not sure though how you managed to get such a nice girlfriend though( maybe you have to pay her to tell everyone that she is your girlfriend) just kidding Jeff.
Unfortunately I will miss you when you are home as I don't get there until January 2....but I think you still owe me a trip to Calgary anyway for a bit of Stampede action....and ya better get it done soon before I am in a wheelchair....now that won't be much fun stampeding with you having to push me around everywhere...say in 50 years or so.
Uncle Beel
Yeah, will you ever get your wish as far as snow... My wish now is that it's still green and warm in Hradec when Mandy and I get there in February!
See you in 2 weeks! Lots of Love!
Did anyone else notice the Sodhexo logo in the top right?
Jeez, those bastards are EVERYWHERE!
Post a Comment
<< Home