Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I've got a date with a plane, let's hope there are no bloody snakes.

Seriously, did anybody see that movie Snakes on a Plane? I didn't but I bet it's really dumb. How much do you want to bet that it's not my in-flight movie?

So, I fly out of Prague tomorrow for Toronto. I'm staying a week in Barrie with my family to celebrate Christmas. I missed Christmas in Canada last year, and I've missed the past two Thanksgivings, so this will actually be the first turkey dinner for me in two years! I'm quite excited for it. Oh yeah, of course it'll be nice to see the family too. And Kali. Never forget Kali.

In my Christmas preparations, there have been some parties. I hosted my own party last Saturday night, a party which for some (myself included) went into the wee hours of the morning. Not quite sunrise, but almost. Allan, Pat's son, is back visiting for Christmas too, and he was the appointed chef of the party. We went shopping and he prepared some nice food: little sandwiches, a pickle tray, mozza balls, crab sticks, pita bread and baked spinach dip....awesome...thanks Al!

On Sunday, my old friend Michal returned to his hometown of Hradec. Mike's been away doing a law school exchange in Rejkavik, Iceland. Last night we met up for the first time since he saw me off at the airport back in July (the 17th I believe it was), so it was great to see him again. He'll be back for awhile even in January.

And then tonight will be our staff party at English Time school. We've booked a few tables at a pub nearby, but I won't be able to stay very late as I must catch a train out of Hradec Kralove at 8am tomorrow morning. Niky says she's coming to see me off at the airport tomorrow, so I hope my blondie (but a clever one) can find her way back to Hradec by herself :P

So, keep the snow for me there in Barrie guys. I have to run back home now to start packing my great Canadian bag, which I have the pleasure of dragging through the Czech Republic again tomorrow. This time it'll be heavy with presents for my family, not with clothes (well, okay, some of those too).

Čau for now Czech Republic, and I can't wait to see you guys in Canada again. Nikčo miluju tě tak moc a uvidíme se až za jeden týden. Měj se hezky broučku!! Veselé Vanoce všem!!

Till next post...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lainy said...

Jeffy, enjoy your Christmas in Canada - hope with more snow than here :D btw: I'm really impressed by your written and even spoken Czech what I heard on Thursday in Cuba Libre. It's absolutely awsome man :) see ya ;)

11:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say "Veselé Vánoce" to your mum, Larry, Jessica and all your family.
Hope you´ll have a good time in Canada with some snow :)

BTW, your czech look good;)

12:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home