Friday, September 30, 2005

Turn it on Again

So, the weekend is upon me...almost. I just have a bit more planning to do for my dreaded science classes next week, and then I´m outta here (I´m usually the last one to leave on a Friday afternoon).

So, turn it on again, I´m going to another hockey game in Pardubice this weekend. This Sunday they are playing Plzen (Pilsen...yeah, where the beer comes from). My colleague Marta invited me to go with her and her boyfriend, Martin (Marta/Martin....hmmm, wonder what their kids will be named?). So I´m pretty excited to see another awesome match. Their football is good here too. Better, in fact, than the British Premiership (Steve I hope you´re reading this). British football is too defensive...these guys pretty much pour on the offence all game, and you end up with decently exciting scores like 4-3, or 2-2, not 1-0 like a typical English game.

Also, tonight Tomas and Eva are having an apartment warming party. They just moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago. So that almost fills my entire weekend, except for Saturday, which I expect will be spent marking science papers. I always said I´d never be a teacher, and now I know why!! Naw, it´s not bad really. I really like some of my classes here, but I am shocked at how lazy some of them can be.

I started working Thursday nights for a couple of hours at another school near the Old Town in Hradec, and my boss there is the biggest slimeball I´ve met since I got here. He´s one of those people who, while you´re speaking with them, makes you feel uncomfortable about being alive. I´m really glad I´m not relying on him for my income, because I´m ready to walk already.

But everything at my full-time school is going pretty well, besides the plagiarism. I´ve been getting a lot of questions from the girls in the older grades as to how old I am and whether I am married....I think they´re getting ideas. Best to keep them wondering eh?

Well, I´m done procrastonating now...back to the science lesson, then on to the party. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Till next post...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting ideas, eh? We all knew it would only be a matter of time... hahaha Anyway, glad to hear things are going well... I have yet to hear back about flights and such so I'll keep you updated when I do! Miss you lots!

11:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home