Love To Be Loved...
Who doesn't love to be loved? This weekend I was reawakened to many reasons why leaving Canada is going to be hard: my closest friends threw me a great surprise going away party! I know most people probably say that their friends are the best (just like everyone says that nobody can cook the way their Mom can), but I honestly can't imagine a better group of friends than mine.
Here's how it went down....
This weekend was going to be a fun weekend at Ian's cottage, sort of a midsummer weekend break and get-together. Then I got an email towards the end of the week from Bobby Cole, who said that there were plans in the works for a joint surprise birthday party for Jesse and engagement party for Chris/Lisa and Kevin/Karey. I was in charge of supplying the champagne and getting the aforesaid parties away from the cottage while decorating was taking place. Little did I know, however, that ALL of this was just a pretense for getting ME out of the cottage while they decorated for MY surprise going away party. I thought I was just doing my little part for the 'other' surprise parties, but little did I know that it was all for me. Honestly, this was one of the nicest things anybody or any group of people has done for me....totally over the top and way more than I deserve, but very much appreciated. Well played. Special thanks to the Barrie crew: Bobby, Amanda, Ty, Ian, Jesse, Jay, Chris, Lisa, Kevin, Karey.....you guys are the best, and I'll miss you all a whole lot while I'm gone. By the way, brilliant work getting me to buy the champagne to my own party you cheap bastards ;)
So that was this weekend, next weekend is Gulleyfest and the Redpath Golf Tournament. I got out swinging the clubs again yesterday, so Uncle Norm, you'd better keep your head up next weekend....you never know who might be in the foursome behind you!!
Here's how it went down....
This weekend was going to be a fun weekend at Ian's cottage, sort of a midsummer weekend break and get-together. Then I got an email towards the end of the week from Bobby Cole, who said that there were plans in the works for a joint surprise birthday party for Jesse and engagement party for Chris/Lisa and Kevin/Karey. I was in charge of supplying the champagne and getting the aforesaid parties away from the cottage while decorating was taking place. Little did I know, however, that ALL of this was just a pretense for getting ME out of the cottage while they decorated for MY surprise going away party. I thought I was just doing my little part for the 'other' surprise parties, but little did I know that it was all for me. Honestly, this was one of the nicest things anybody or any group of people has done for me....totally over the top and way more than I deserve, but very much appreciated. Well played. Special thanks to the Barrie crew: Bobby, Amanda, Ty, Ian, Jesse, Jay, Chris, Lisa, Kevin, Karey.....you guys are the best, and I'll miss you all a whole lot while I'm gone. By the way, brilliant work getting me to buy the champagne to my own party you cheap bastards ;)
So that was this weekend, next weekend is Gulleyfest and the Redpath Golf Tournament. I got out swinging the clubs again yesterday, so Uncle Norm, you'd better keep your head up next weekend....you never know who might be in the foursome behind you!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home