Aisle of Plenty
Ok, I´ve tried to post this three times now, and the computer keeps freezing on me....fingers crossed!
So the first two weeks of school have come and gone quite quickly. I teach a total of 25 hours a week, in class, but I have to put even more time than that into lesson plans and stuff. I have 4 language classes, all different levels from Elementary to Upper Intermediate. I teach each language class 4 times a week, but it´s not so bad because it´s all set curriculum and lesson planning is very minimal. However, I also have to teach 4 different classes of Science in English, 3 different classes of Geography in English, and a class of Aesthetics in English. I have to fully prepare and write every lesson plan for these classes (what do I know about science??), but the good news is that I can use the same lesson plan for each class every week because all the classes are different students. It´s been a bit hectic here, but I´m adjusting. We´ve had some troubles with schedule planning, and classes, and classrooms too, which have added to the stress.
My co-workers are great. I´ve become pretty good friends with another English teacher, Tomas. He´s Czech, but he´s fluent in English and Spanish, so he´s helping me with my Czech. He found me a Czech teacher -- a friend of his girlfriend´s named Katka. I met her a few weeks ago, and we´ve agreed to trade English lessons for Czech lessons.
Tomas is also doing his best to join me for nights out. It can get a bit lonely going out by yourself all the time, but he´s joined me a couple of times with his girlfriend and their friends. I´ve been invited by him to go to Moravia in southeast Czech Republic in a couple of weeks for an annual feast they have to celebrate the harvest (kind of like Thanksgiving, but obviously not the same).
I have also been able to pick up a lot of extra work through co-workers here at the school...some of these are quite lucrative because it´s for private businesses who have the money and want native English speakers. So I guess that´s pretty sweet.
Anyways, we have a student doing a test in the office right now, so I think I´d better stop typing (it´s pretty annoying). I´ll update again soon enough.
Good Day everyone (Dobrý Den)
So the first two weeks of school have come and gone quite quickly. I teach a total of 25 hours a week, in class, but I have to put even more time than that into lesson plans and stuff. I have 4 language classes, all different levels from Elementary to Upper Intermediate. I teach each language class 4 times a week, but it´s not so bad because it´s all set curriculum and lesson planning is very minimal. However, I also have to teach 4 different classes of Science in English, 3 different classes of Geography in English, and a class of Aesthetics in English. I have to fully prepare and write every lesson plan for these classes (what do I know about science??), but the good news is that I can use the same lesson plan for each class every week because all the classes are different students. It´s been a bit hectic here, but I´m adjusting. We´ve had some troubles with schedule planning, and classes, and classrooms too, which have added to the stress.
My co-workers are great. I´ve become pretty good friends with another English teacher, Tomas. He´s Czech, but he´s fluent in English and Spanish, so he´s helping me with my Czech. He found me a Czech teacher -- a friend of his girlfriend´s named Katka. I met her a few weeks ago, and we´ve agreed to trade English lessons for Czech lessons.
Tomas is also doing his best to join me for nights out. It can get a bit lonely going out by yourself all the time, but he´s joined me a couple of times with his girlfriend and their friends. I´ve been invited by him to go to Moravia in southeast Czech Republic in a couple of weeks for an annual feast they have to celebrate the harvest (kind of like Thanksgiving, but obviously not the same).
I have also been able to pick up a lot of extra work through co-workers here at the school...some of these are quite lucrative because it´s for private businesses who have the money and want native English speakers. So I guess that´s pretty sweet.
Anyways, we have a student doing a test in the office right now, so I think I´d better stop typing (it´s pretty annoying). I´ll update again soon enough.
Good Day everyone (Dobrý Den)

6 Comments:
Everybody has anxiously been waiting for an update so this should appease them. Got your letter...........do you have the key to your mailbox yet?? Glad to hear you are doing some travelling.
hey dude
whats up. i started school and its going great.
Hey! Nice to finally see another update, everything sounds amazing... did you read the comment I made on your last post? I have more exciting news too, but I'll wait until next time!
Jess...yes, I read the comment...am sending you an email right now..........
Hi;
I've been faithfully going into your site everyday, but missed a couple of days and wouldn't you know it, you updated. Glad to hear everything is going so great. Same here.It's great you're picking up some extra work. It will keep you out of trouble!!!!!
I know you wouldn't get into any trouble anyway,you never did.
Grandpa and I went into a euchre trournament for the Collingwood Fair. Grampa made it into the finals, so he plays at the fair on Thursday for cash prizes. Hope he does well, even though the cash isn't that great. Will let you know how he makes out. But not to be left our, our choir sings there on the Sunday, so I get to do my stuff a well.
talk to you soon, love, Grandma
Hopr you had a good trip back
See you next year\
Love Uncle Joel
Post a Comment
<< Home