Thursday, July 07, 2005

Waiting for the Big One...

So, as of yesterday, my flights are all booked, and my friends in various locations of the world confirmed for my visits. Here is a rough outline of what next month should look like:

  • July 30th: Redpath Memorial Golf Tournament, where I hope to successfully defend my "Longest Drive - Men's" acheivement from last year. I may look small, but I pack a hard punch....don't let the glasses fool you! In the evening, I will be of course making it over to Gulleyfest for a night of drunkeness and laughter.
  • July 31st: Drive over to Sauble Beach for a stay at my Aunt Janet and Uncle Tim's cottage. I used to stay there for two weeks every summer for about seven years in a row when I was younger, but as we get older we get less time for ourselves don't we. This will be fun.
  • August 9th: The "Big One"...the big day that is. I leave for Halifax, where I will be staying a few days at my friend Dave MacNeil's place. He promises to show me the best pubs Halifax has to offer. Also planned is a visit with the lovely Emily McLennan, who has been teaching there for the past few years.
  • August 12th: I leave Canada for Glasgow (Halifax I hardly knew ye). Terrible things will happen as I reunite with Marcello Leucci, Dave Toner, Kevin Tracey, and Stu Douglas..."the Scots".
  • August 21st: Around this date I will be hopping on a bus or train for Edinburgh. I have some friends of the family there, John Gaff and his wife, who have said they would accommodate me and show me around Edinburgh. I've also been told that Mr. Gaff will be taking me for a free round of golf on his private course there!
  • August 24th: The day of reckoning, as it were. I leave Edinburgh on a two hour flight to Prague, where I will be fetched by representatives from my school and driven to Hradec Kralove. I will be put up in my apartment on this night, and will then be forced to test the strength of my marbles in a place where I don't speak their language, and they only speak a little of mine. Sounds like fun eh?!!

So that's the rough itinerary for August, though a lot of that is subject to change with the ebb and flow of my travels.

Final note, some have remarked on my strange titles, or have asked why this blog isn't called "The World Needs More Gulley." I have decided that I am going to try and title all of my posts (including the blog title) using only appropriate album and song titles from Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and maybe Phil Collins if I feel like stretching it. I'm a geek that way, what can I say? If I run out of ideas, I might move onto song lyrics, or throw another favourite artist into the mix....perhaps Pink Floyd, just to piss Steve off.

Till next post...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I am so excited for you. Plans are set and its really happening. Thats so cool. Dont forget August 11 - but again, dont bust your ass to get back, we can hook you up via satellite. I will see you before you go, but just so its in writing: Good luck. Enjoy. You'll have the greatest time ever. :)

- Lisa H.

11:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home