Twilight Alehouse
There are plenty of twilight alehouses in Halifax....Dave says that there's one for every person here. Probably an exaggeration, but there are a lot!
So I arrived safe and sound on Tuesday, but what a ride in the shuttle from the airport to the city centre. The driver was a strange, small, mustachioed man with bad teeth and a funny voice. After we were all loaded up in the shuttle, the bus wouldn't start....it's never a comforting thing to hear your driver repeatedly say to himself, "Uh oh, that's not good." But eventually his boss came out and gave us a boost and we were on our way. But along the way the strange driver decided to crank his music, which just happend to be Andrea Bocelli and other assorted operatic songs.
Anyways, I'm staying with my friend Dave MacNeil at his sister's place which is right downtown Halifax. Luckily for me too, this week just happens to be the annual busker's festival, so there's not shortage of entertainment. Dave had a job interview today, so I've been on my own travelling around. The Maritime Museum is great, with a tasteful exhibit to the devastating explosion of 1917. Once I'm done here I'm gonna give my friend Emily a call and meet her for a drink or bite to eat. Emily was my first manager at Queen's Walkhome, she was the one that got me started in that dynasty!!
Anyways, I'm running out of online time here, so I'll cut out for now.
Till next post....
So I arrived safe and sound on Tuesday, but what a ride in the shuttle from the airport to the city centre. The driver was a strange, small, mustachioed man with bad teeth and a funny voice. After we were all loaded up in the shuttle, the bus wouldn't start....it's never a comforting thing to hear your driver repeatedly say to himself, "Uh oh, that's not good." But eventually his boss came out and gave us a boost and we were on our way. But along the way the strange driver decided to crank his music, which just happend to be Andrea Bocelli and other assorted operatic songs.
Anyways, I'm staying with my friend Dave MacNeil at his sister's place which is right downtown Halifax. Luckily for me too, this week just happens to be the annual busker's festival, so there's not shortage of entertainment. Dave had a job interview today, so I've been on my own travelling around. The Maritime Museum is great, with a tasteful exhibit to the devastating explosion of 1917. Once I'm done here I'm gonna give my friend Emily a call and meet her for a drink or bite to eat. Emily was my first manager at Queen's Walkhome, she was the one that got me started in that dynasty!!
Anyways, I'm running out of online time here, so I'll cut out for now.
Till next post....

2 Comments:
Damn...no I didn't, but I've left Halifax and I'm in Scotland now.....missed him. More on Scotland soon....
Sounds like someone fits into the Halifax life, but Jeff, on your ventures, would you please analyze your alcohol intake, because I think its a bit excessive and im concerned... HaHa there's a taste of home I miss.
Anyways, glad you got to Scotland safely and have a blast, looking forward to hearing more
-kari
p.s. i bet i would have enjoyed the bus driver
Post a Comment
<< Home