Sunday, June 26, 2005

And Through the Wire...

Hello Everyone. I'm new to the whole blogging thing, so you'll have to bear with me as I learn more over the next weeks and months.

So my big news is that I'm leaving Canada and going away to teach English overseas. I just accepted my first teaching contract last week at a school in the Czech Republic, about two hours outside of Prague in a city just a bit smaller than Barrie called Hradec Kralove. I'm very very excited to start this adventure, and it's all starting to sink in now that I have my job lined up and confirmed and the contract signed.

Some people ask me how long I plan on doing this for, and the most accurate answer I can give is, "indefinitely." Now, this is not to say that I'll be teaching English overseas forever (then again, maybe I will), but there are many many countries I would still like to see, and this is such a great way to see them -- getting paid to travel! So I will continue to do this until I get bored of it, or I'm ready to come back to Canada for good, or for a few years, or whatever. In the meantime, I do plan on coming back to Canada from time to time to visit, so keep checking my blog from time to time if you want to know when I'll be back. I'll also be looking into getting a digital camera, so that I can post some photos of the people I meet and sights I see along the way.

So my job in the Czech Republic starts in September, but in a super-savings frenzy I have put aside enough money to take a few extra trips to visit friends out in Halifax and Glasgow on my way out to the CR. So for those of you who know "the Scots," I'll be seeing them in August....nothing good can come of this I assure you!!

Well, that's my little intro to this site, and through the wire, I'll be able to keep you all up to date with my life. I find these sites are a great idea for travellers, a little less forceful than mass emails. Feel free to visit here often if you're interested in what's going on in my life in the Czech Republic. Also, feel free to post some messages so that I have reassurance that this isn't just an exercise in my vain self-indulgence!

Till next post....

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Johns said...

Firstly, how on earth isn't this blog called "THE WORLD NEEDS MORE GULLEY"? Because we all know it's true.

Secondly, I look forward to reading what you've got to say...even if I hate the fact that you're leaving me all by my lonesome (well, relatively speaking) for the indefinite future. Ian raves about Prague the way you rave about Huey Lewis & the News, which can only mean good things right? Right. Keep it up, pal--I'll be waiting with baited breath.

4:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bubb Rubb!

So you're sailing the big seas and conquering continents. What next, inter-planetary conquests? Keep us posted on the beauty and wonder of Prague. Woowoooooooo!

Li'l Sis

12:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gulltrontrex,
Yup- see everyone wants to be a teacher. That's cause it's the best profession in the world! So, you can always vacay in India y'know. Come see me, as we are relatively close....however, still relatively far apart....ah well. Lemme know how it goes. Get a webcam, so we can shat- ah, I mean, chat (chock that up Freud, maybe I need to visit the bathroom!!) in 'realtime.'

10:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gully - I can't believe you're leaving! How are we ever going to continue our sordid affair? I'm disappointed in you, my friend. More so, I'm excited to read about your adventures. Keep 'em coming!
- Bri

2:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home